* 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
* 1 cup sliced onion
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1/4 cup tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 bay leaf
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks
* 1/3 cup pimento stuffed olive, plus
* 2 tablespoons chopped capers
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Mix all ingredients except steak, alcaparrado and cilantro in a 3½-qt or larger slow-cooker. Top with steak; turn steak over to coat with mixture.
Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until steak is very tender. Transfer steak to a cutting board.
Remove and discard bay leaf. Tear steak in shreds using the two-forks method. Return shreds to cooker; stir in olives and chopped cilantro and serve.