- 1 pkg. 2-layer-size chocolate or devil's food cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp. instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 11.5-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chunks
- 2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe White Frosting
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. In bowl combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, coffee crystals, and chipotle pepper. Beat with electric mixer on low to combine. Beat on medium to high for 2 minutes (batter will be thick).
2. In bowl toss chocolate chunks with flour. Fold into batter. Spoon into prepared cups. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans on racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool. Frost with White Frosting.
3. For chocolate drizzle, place chopped chocolate in small bowl. In saucepan bring cream to boiling. Pour over chocolate; do not stir. Let stand 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Place chocolate drizzle in resealable plastic bag; seal bag and snip off a small corner. Drizzle chocolate over cupcakes. Makes 24 cupcakes.
4. White Frosting: In bowl beat one 8-ounce package softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup softened butter with mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Beat in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually beat in 2 to 2-1/2 cups powdered sugar until spreadable consistency.