Thursday, December 3, 2009
Whoopie Pies With Cream-Cheese Filling
* 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
* 1 cup(s) sugar
* 3/4 cup(s) milk
* 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa
* 6 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine, melted
* 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
* 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
* 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
* 1 large egg
* 3 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 large cookie sheets.
2. Prepare Cookie Dough: In large bowl, with spoon, mix all dough ingredients until smooth.
3. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 2 inches apart, on each prepared cookie sheet. (There will be 12 rounds per sheet.)
4. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, rotating sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking, until puffy and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. With wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Prepare Creme Cheese Filling: In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until smooth. Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Beat in creme chesse and vanilla until smooth.
6. Spread 1 rounded tablespoon filling on flat side of 12 cookies. Top with remaining cookies.